Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC is seeking a full time Collections Specialist to support the firm’s financial services department. The right candidate for this role will have at least 2-4 years of solid collections experience in a professional services environment. Individuals must be self-directed, possess strong writing skills, quick learners with exceptional interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Responsibilities and functions include:
- Maintain ongoing, personal contact with Members on receivable matters.
- Discuss open invoices and unbilled WIP with Members focusing on aging.
- Discuss with Members specific client collection strategies and provide reports and invoice copies as needed.
- Contact clients directly and institute and maintain a dialogue as directed by members to address payment of open invoices.
- Make collection calls on delinquent accounts, making payment arrangements as necessary.
- Provide account reconciliations and missing invoices pursuant to reconciliation.
- Negotiate payment schedules or reductions to client invoices subject to Member/AR Committee approval.
- Routinely check with E-Billings Specialists for status of older open amounts.
- Provide documentation for 30 Day Pre-Action Notices.
- Maintain and update collection database on Rainmaker and track promised payments and actions.
- Maintain monthly payment schedule list and follow up on missing payments.
- Produce standard reports and meet with AR Committee Chair regularly to discuss AR status and issues, problematic clients, new ideas to streamline AR process, etc.
- Special projects as assigned by the Executive Director or Finance Director.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business/Finance, preferred.
- 2-4 years previous collection experience in a professional services environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess outstanding customer demeanor
- Ability to prioritize workload and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
CSG offers a pleasant working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to HR Coordinator: email@example.com.
Notice to employment agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified women, minority and veterans are encouraged to apply.