The Washington DC office of Squire Patton Boggs is actively recruiting for an experienced corporate and securities paralegal. The position will work closely with a team of local corporate and securities lawyers that are representing companies in a wide variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and other public and private financing transactions. The work will be with a team that emphasizes quality work product and, above all, client service.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years of strong experience in a securities, corporate and/or mergers and acquisition department.
- Experience working in a national or international law firm or large corporate setting preferred.
- Four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Corporate and transactional experience including organizing and maintaining companies, managing the full range of corporate records, stock option plan implementation and administration, venture capital financings, securities filings, blue sky research and mergers and acquisitions.
- Strong organizational, reasoning and research skills; excellent written and verbal communication abilities; attention to detail; initiative; and takes ownership of the work product produced.
- Flexibility, composure, and the ability to prioritize and handle urgent tasks and requests simultaneously with a high level of competence and accuracy.
- Ability to work without constant supervision, demonstrating initiative in seeking work and managing work load.
- Possess a collegial, team oriented, positive and mutually supportive attitude.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a position at Squire Patton Boggs, you must formally apply online. Be prepared to upload a copy of your resume.
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
We are not accepting third party submissions.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.