The Columbus office of Squire Patton Boggs is actively recruiting a Corporate Associate to join its sophisticated global corporate, financial services and capital markets practice.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- U.S. Juris Doctor degree or equivalent foreign law degree
- Licensed to practice in the State of Ohio or willing to become licensed to practice in the State of Ohio either by application to waive-in or by sitting for the next scheduled Bar Examination upon being selected for the position
- A minimum of one year of experience handling corporate, financial services and capital markets matters
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience and/or a demonstrated interest in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and/or international business transactions
- Experience conducting research, organizing information, drafting citations, and proofreading and editing documents
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication abilities, grammar, and organizational skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with attention to detail; work with colleagues under pressure; and meet deadlines
- Capable of multi-tasking with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Potential to work without constant supervision, demonstrating initiative in seeking work and managing work load
- Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment, to exercise sound, practical judgment and meet client needs
- Committed to providing the highest quality legal service
- Represent firm clients in corporate, financial services and capital markets matters before state and federal US courts
- Deal Management and draft legal memorandum and opinions
- Advise firm clients and render legal advice on US law
We offer comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, 401(k) and other benefits and we offer an exceptional group of people with whom you will practice and develop in your career. If interested, please apply online and submit your resume/CV of qualifications.
We are not accepting third party submissions.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.