Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
- Effectively manage an active claim inventory of mid to high complexity commercial crime and financial institution fidelity bond, workplace violence and kidnap, ransom and extortion losses in accordance with Best Practices.
- Handle claims from notification to resolution through timely and accurate investigations, coverage analyses, negotiation and problem solving skills within financial authority.
- Consistently communicate claim developments, exposure analyses and requests for authority to management.
- Deliver superior customer service through effective interaction with internal and external customers.
- Effectively document all relevant events in a timely and efficient manner as cases develop, including evaluation of facts giving rise to the loss, coverage and exposure under various policy forms.
- Create timely and accurate indemnity and expense reserves. Manage reserves throughout the life cycle of all files with appropriate documentation supporting any reserve changes.
- Maintain a current diary to monitor claims for new developments, follow up on requests from internal and external customers, update management and complete diary activities.
- Select, budget, scope and coordinate vendors including accountants and attorneys as needed and within guidelines.
- Complete written reports and make presentations to provide information to management on claim developments.
- Adhere to all statutory regulations and Unfair Claims Practices Acts.
- Collaborate with recovery unit to assure that all recovery opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Obtain and/or maintain current independent adjuster licenses as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high caliber customer claim service.
- Advanced listening and negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge and attention to detail in insurance coverage and contracts, investigating claims and setting timely and accurate reserves.
- Strong organizational skills to manage own claim inventory.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships with a wide spectrum of people internally and externally.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Some travel may be required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7+ years of complex financial lines/specialty claims handling or related experience. Some fidelity claim experience a plus.
- CPCU and/or advanced degrees (e.g., law, accounting, finance, etc.) a plus.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website. Please direct any questions regarding this opportunity to Jana Radice.
Job Requisition 312106
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb’s Careers website to complete an online application for the position of interest. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.