The Miami office of Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, a global law firm with 46 offices, in 21 countries, seeks an Associate in the International Dispute Resolution practice group. Essential functions of the position include:
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- U.S. Juris Doctor degree or equivalent foreign law degree
- Must be admitted in Florida
- A minimum of 4+ years of attorney experience handling IDR matters
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience conducting research, organizing information, drafting citations, and proofreading and editing documents
- Experience in investment treaty arbitration, including drafting of pleadings and memoranda
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication abilities, grammar, and organizational skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with attention to detail; work with colleagues under pressure; and meet deadlines
- Capable of multi-tasking with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Potential to work without constant supervision, demonstrating initiative in seeking work and managing work load
- Demonstrated capability to work in a team environment, to exercise sound, practical judgment and meet client needs
- Demonstrated fluency in both written and spoken Spanish will be viewed favorably
- Represent firm clients in civil, commercial and arbitration matters before state and federal US courts, state agencies, arbitration panels and international tribunals
- Prepare and file motions, pleadings and briefs. Draft legal memorandum and opinions
- Advise firm clients and render legal advice on US law
Squire Patton Boggs offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative work environment. If interested, please apply online and submit your resume/CV of qualifications.
We are not accepting third party submissions.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.