Job Title: IP Litigation Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Salary Range: Competitive compensation based on ability and experience
Position Type: Full-time
Boutique intellectual property law firm is seeking a full-time litigation paralegal/legal assistant to work as a key member of its IP Litigation and Anti-Counterfeiting team of Partners and Associates in various areas of IP Litigation and IP Enforcement.
We are currently looking for an energetic people person with exceptional multi-tasking skills to join our team.
- Perform daily case management tasks, including organization and maintenance of case documents and correspondence, docketing of deadlines and court appearances, filing pleadings, preparing and distributing service and/or courtesy copies, and routine monitoring of case dockets and activity;
- Support team with case development and project management, coordinating and managing document reviews and productions, analyzing relevant documents and other information to identify factual and legal issues, conducting factual research in internal and external databases, and preparation of case summaries and chronologies;
- Assist with deposition, hearing and trial preparation;
- Conceptualize, design and create firm templates, project and conference speaker presentations, and anti-counterfeiting and enforcement manuals, etc.;
- Arrange and manage the Intern postings and schedule;
- Prepare and manage postings on the firm’s social media platforms;
- Provide some administrative support to Office Manager, Partners and Associates (e.g., typing communication, data entry, time keeping, etc.).
- At least 2-3 years of intellectual property litigation paralegal/legal assistant support experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong academic record;
- Considerable understanding of the lifecycle of a litigation and working knowledge of key documents related to a litigation including, but not limited to, case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, depositions, etc.;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of Federal court practices, local rules and deadlines;
- Familiarity with law firm, litigation and intellectual property practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Exceptional PowerPoint design and creation skills including the ability to: create templates, incorporate multiple masters, color themes, animations, actions, charts, video and other visual aids, and develop original graphic content (experience with Prezi and/or Keynote preferred);
- Advanced MS Office and Adobe Acrobat, computer, social media and IT skills;
- Proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis, Pacer etc.);
- Detail-oriented with strong organization, communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently, as well as in a team setting, to manage competing deadlines and assignments;
- Enthusiastic, energetic, confident and highly motivated personality.
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and a sample PowerPoint project demonstrating expert level in PowerPoint 2016 as well as your salary request to: email@example.com