Small boutique firm looking for a specialized Legal Secretary to undertake a variety of tasks. You will work directly for a Partner with over 23 years of experience, and, provide support in assigned legal cases. Our goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues, associates and partners
- Provide administrative legal support to one or more lawyers
- Perform initial screening of clients
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Strong organization skills
- Draft initial pleadings
- E-file and serve pleadings
- Coordinate and facilitate personal service with the process server
- Schedule hearings, depositions, meetings, telephone conferences, mediations
- Calendar any and all deadlines that arise
- Client and witness management
- Close files (closing letter, pull apart the hard file, scan)
- Proven experience as legal secretary (Family preferred)
- Knowledge of legal terminology, regulations and court system
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems)
- Strong ability to multitask
Competitive salary depending on experience.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
Paid holiday and vacations. Health and Life Insurance. 401(k) matching.