The West Palm Beach office of Squire Patton Boggs, a global law firm, is seeking an Associate with commercial real estate transactional experience to join our nationally focused Real Estate practice.
Ranked as one of the top ten ‘most powerful Real Estate Law firms’ by Commercial Property Executive, our global team provides comprehensive, results-driven legal services to guide clients in all real estate sectors: office, retail, industrial, multi-family residential, health-care and hospitality through all aspects of commercial real estate activity.
The individual hired for this position will support and work directly with senior level attorneys both in West Palm Beach and other US offices handling complex commercial real estate development and purchase and sale transactions, financing (representing both borrowers and lenders) and leasing (representing landlords and tenants). Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, easements, declarations and other development related documents; preparing and negotiating leases in all sectors; closing acquisition, sale and financing transactions; and working through complex title insurance issues. The position offers the opportunity to assume significant responsibility in a collegial work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school and a strong academic record. Preference given to the top 20% of graduating class or GPA of 3.5 and above.
- Admitted to a US State Bar and in good standing. Admission to the Florida Bar is expected if not currently admitted.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year of current experience working in a law firm in the commercial real estate area and specifically one or more of the following: commercial real estate transactions; title insurance; finance; leasing.
- Strong organizational, reasoning and analytical skills; excellent written and verbal communication abilities; good judgment; attention to detail; initiative.
- Flexibility, composure and the ability to prioritize and handle urgent tasks and requests simultaneously with a high level of competence and accuracy; the ability to remain composed and professional under stressful circumstances; commitment to ethical and confidentiality requirements; strong client service skills.
- Ability to work without constant supervision, demonstrating initiative in seeking work and managing work load; active in formulating and recommending projects or alternative ways to complete projects that will benefit the case/client.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a position at Squire Patton Boggs, you must formally apply online.
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, life, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.