The West Palm Beach office of Squire Patton Boggs, a global law firm, is seeking a Paralegal for our dynamic, team-oriented Real Estate practice.
Ranked as one of the top ten ‘most powerful Real Estate Law firms’ by Commercial Property Executive, our global team provides comprehensive, results-driven legal services to guide clients in all real estate sectors: office, retail, industrial, multi-family residential, health-care and hospitality through all aspects of commercial real estate activity.
- Support our local real estate team and assist clients nationally
- Preparation of closing checklists from purchase and sale agreements or loan agreements
- Drafting first drafts of documents from term sheets, correspondence, title and survey objection letters and title/survey client memos
- Keeping multiple transactions on schedule for closing
- Organizing diligence
- Participating in client calls
- Preparation of closing binders, UCC searches and other typical real estate and real estate finance tasks
- Available for overtime and travel to the Tampa and Miami office, as needed
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years’ of real estate, real estate lending, title and survey review, contract review, and general transactional experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of solid working knowledge of real estate practice in Florida, including an understanding of business entities, e.g., corporations, LLCs, partnerships, trusts, etc., and their formation and operation
- Proven ability to run real estate closing checklists
- Experience drafting of preliminary documents from term sheets such as purchase and sale contracts, estoppels, deeds, deeds of trust, etc.
- Expert at title and survey review and drafting Title/Survey Objection letters and Client memos related to title and survey
- Ability to use Florida practice-oriented title and research facilities and technology for transactions
- General knowledge of legal proceedings and rules in Federal and State Courts (predominantly in Florida)
- Superior technical skills: be able to prepare own documents in Word including editing and redlines, working with “Styles”, working knowledge of Excel, and ability to record own billable time in a timekeeping system.
- Illustrates excellent client-relationship skills; strong verbal and written communication abilities, proofreading, grammar, and organizational skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with attention to detail; work with teams and under pressure; and meet deadlines
- Motivated, organized, self-starter who is ready to assume responsibility on challenging matters with an intellectual capacity/curiosity and desire to grow and develop
- Experience working in a large corporate setting or law firm preferred
We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative work environment.
If interested, please apply online and submit your cover letter and resume of qualifications.
We are not accepting third party submissions.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.