Permanent/FT: Summary of Position: This position is responsible for oversight and management of compliance and governance for our client company. The position will report to the company’s General Counsel, and be responsible for the development, implementation, execution and training related to all compliance matters, including but not limited to import/export, ethics and regulatory compliance programs. This individual serves as the Senior Compliance Officer for the company and Empowered Official with the US Government. This position is regarded as the primary contact and interface for all compliance programs between U.S. government agencies and the company’s business units performing business in the U.S. The position is also the primary interface with a related company’s Compliance and Corporate Governance departments and is responsible for implementing and managing activities required by a related company’s Directives and procedures.
If upon reading all the skills and requirements for this position, you truly believe you are qualified, please send your resume, cover letter and TARGET ANNUAL SALARY to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as the Senior Compliance Officer and Chair of Ethics Steering Committee and is the the company’s liaison to a related company’s surveillance body. Advises and provides guidance to Senior Management on compliance-related issues, including internal investigations. Is the company liaison to a related company’s Compliance and Internal Governance departments. Advises and provides guidance to Senior Management on compliance-related issues, including internal investigations.
2. Maintains current knowledge of compliance laws and regulations and keeps abreast of recent changes; periodically revises the ethics program based on changes in the organization, the law, regulation or other internal procedures. Develops materials for distribution and training to all employees to enhance awareness of compliance activities.
3. Investigates and acts on matter related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations (e.g., responding to reports of problems, hotline calls or suspected violations) and any resulting corrective actions.
4. Manages due diligence documentation for all third party consultants, lobbyists and works with Internal Audit to ensure compliance.
5. Responsible for all aspects of international trade compliance activities for the company and serves as the representative on the related company’s Trade Council. Includes development, implementation and training. Serves as principal point of contact for government investigations and oversees drafting and submitting Voluntary Disclosures.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
-Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Juris doctorate is a plus.
-Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations with particular emphasis on FCPA.
-Minimum 10 years of compliance and governance experience with strong trade compliance knowledge and experience. Focused on internal governance and trade compliance
- In-house corporate legal experience with experience focused on general corporate legal matters preferred
- Domestic and international travel will be required
Competencies & Attributes:
-Demonstrate the business acumen and authority necessary to achieve compliance for all assigned business segments and be self-directed with minimal supervision.
-Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a variety of high-level business personnel.
-Review and analyze range of legal issues facing the company. Exercise excellent judgment and advise senior management decisions based on clear understanding of legal, technical, regulatory, and business requirements.
-Ability to prioritize a high-volume, multi-tasking environment and quickly synthesize technical program information and apply regulatory requirements. Domestic and International Travel will be required
-Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization
-Ability to influence and build relationships
Licensure/Certification: Customs Broker license is required.
SEE posting. If an attorney, you must be licensed and active in at least one state, with no disciplinary history in any jurisdiction.