Practical Law is looking for a Senior Associate Editor to conduct research, and draft, edit, and publish content for its Trusts & Estates web service. The Senior Associate Editor will:
- Work with Senior Legal Editors and contributing authors to draft, edit, and maintain state-specific trusts and estates resources across jurisdictions. The resources include practice guidance notes, checklists, standard documents, legal updates, and other state-specific legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Author and edit state-specific resources in one or more of the following jurisdictions: New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
- Carry out search trawls of numerous websites and other sources using the software application WebSite-Watcher for current developments and potential topics for legal updates and other state-specific resources for the Trusts & Estates service.
- Edit state-specific trusts and estates resources to conform with Practical Law’s house style and plain English.
- Collaborate with other Practical Law editors on content planning and priorities to meet the practice needs of trusts and estates lawyers, and to identify and develop new high-value resources.
- Help maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases, and folders.
- Stay informed of current developments and issues in trusts and estates nationally and across jurisdictions, to ensure timely updates of existing content and to help develop new content.
- Provide additional editorial support for the Trusts & Estates service as required.
Candidates must have 3+ years of trusts & estates experience and be actively licensed in New Jersey and/or Pennsylvania.
**This role is remote and may be located in a home office.**